Social Media Links
- If you want to show a list of your social media icons, start at Appearance > Menus.
- Create a new menu called "Social". Please note, the name "Social" is important. It has to be exactly the same spelling, nothing more or less.
- Now enter each of your social media URLs as a "Custom Link". You can enter whatever you like for the Link Text. It will be automatically replaced automatically by the relevant social media icon.
- Once you’ve created this menu, you can assign it to any widget area in order to show the social media icons in that location. Go to Appearance > Widgets, and assign the "Custom Menu" or "Navigation Menu" widget to any widget area, and select the "Social" menu from the drop down options.
If you would like to have your social media links open in a new tab but you do not see the "Open link in a new tab" option - go to Appearance > Menus, and then click on "Screen Options" at the very top right. It would drop open a drawer of options where you can check on "Link Target". That would enable the option to open links in a new tab.
In our demo, we’ve assigned the Social menu in the following widget locations:
- Header – Left
- Sidebar – Front Page – Bordered
- Footer – Last