Recipe Card (Pro Only)
Elara Pro comes with a built-in Recipe shortcode
[lt_recipe] that displays recipes in a Google friendly format.
The Recipe Card button gets disabled automatically with the new WordPress 5+ version if you're using the "blocks" editor. In order to keep using your recipe card feature, use the Classic Editor. Learn more here.
See a demo for the recipe card here.
Here is a sample usage:
[lt_recipe name="Blood Orange Chiffon Cake with Mango Curd" servings="12" total_time="1H30M" cals="100" print="yes" image="http://demo.lyrathemes.com/elara-pro/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2018/01/annie-spratt-96526_resize-1024x577.jpg" ingredients="<strong>Cake Batter:</strong>;4 cups Cake flour;4 tsp baking powder;2 1/2 cup Caster sugar, divided;<strong>Mango Curd:</strong>;1 medium Mango, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch pieces;1/3 cup sugar;" ]Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line two 9 inch round pans with parchment paper.;Place the flour, baking powder and half of the sugar in a medium mixing bowl.;Vigorously stir the dry ingredients together until mixed.;Let cool completely before assembling the cake.[/lt_recipe]
The content within the opening
[lt_recipe] and closing
[/lt_recipe] shortcode tags constitutes the actual recipe. Separate each step with a semi colon (;) and the shortcode automatically creates the “Step” labels for each step.
You can use the built-in shortcode builder to generate the above code. Click on the “carrot” icon to launch the builder and fill in your values.
That will launch a new popup window that shows a form like this:
Here are all the possible shortcode arguments – you do not have to use all of them. Any fields that you leave out will not be printed or used.
- name: Enter the name or title of the recipe. For example “Homemade Pesto Pizza”.
- servings: You can enter the servings information such as “4-6 people” or “6-8 medium slices”.
- total_time: Enter the total meal preparation time. Use H for hours and M for minutes. So for example, if the total time is 1 hour and 30 minutes, use “1H30M”. For just 45 minutes, use “45M”
- cals: The total number of calories per serving. You don't have to provide the unit name, it will show up automatically as Cals/Serving.
- print: If enabled, user has an option to show the recipe in a printer-friendly version.
- image: A link to the recipe image.
- ingredients: This is a semi-colon separated list of ingredients. You can bold some text between two semi-colons to create headings. For example:
ingredient 1;<strong>Toppings</strong>;ingredient 2...
- instructions: This is a semicolon separated list of instructions. The list will appear as a numbered list of "steps" to do in the recipe. For example: Step 1: Boil water, Step 2: Pour water into the teapot
In the latest version of the theme, we've made changes so that interchanging between Kale Pro and Elara Pro is a seamless experience. All Recipe Cards and Recipe Index templates work with the same settings in both themes.